Friday 4 May 2007

A Xhosa maiden

I read Make the connection by Bob Greene and Oprah. In one of the chapters he talks about how there's a tribe in southern africa that use to praise big sized women such that when a chief is looking for a wife he would find the fattest maiden in his district to marry. Well I am that maiden, not only am I a living Xhosa Person(as in i belong to that group of people), i am also the one who would have been favoured by the chief say 50 or 60 years ago. As you might have guessed it's not like that these days, very few Xhosa man prefer fat girls, a fair percentage i will say still wants their women beefy but FAT or OBESE like me is a no-no.
So a while back my people would have celebrated me, risk of heart attack,diabetes,high blood pressure and all, but they would have seen me as a well fed woman.
I am sick and tired of being fat hey, I have been fat for as long as I have been alive and i am gatvol of it.
This morning I did my Tae-bo, Billy Blanks' tae-bo and i felt good. One tool i have been failing to use is the food journal

No comments: