Thursday 13 March 2008

Silent prayer

God, give me strength to lose the fat that weighs my body and spirit down. I hate feeling inferior to others just because of the size of my body. I hate walking clumsly and not having control of what my body does. I hate having people conclude about me before I even open my mouth. Lord I know you are there. For once in my life I would like to feel in control of my body, feel confidence from deep within. I do not have that Lord, yes with age I have managed to fake certain things like when I meet people I can act confident but I would like to feel it from inside. Lord, I want to run and not get tired after 10mins, I want to dive into water and not splash like a hippo into the water. I don’t want to see in people’s faces the guessing game of ‘I wonder how much does hse weigh’. I want to be respected for who I am, I want to be treated like everyone else. I don’t want to shy away from experiences because I can never do that being this fat.
I hate the fact that this is something I can change and I have been able to for 21 years. I mean seriously heavenly father kutheni.
Hayi man ndidikiwe………

1 comment:

Miss E said...

Eish, I feel your pain all the way. I've prayed about this as well.